The BNA and GCRN announce a Mentor Training Course for those who wish to become mentors. This is to be held over four weekend dates, both Saturdays and Sundays as follows:
- 21 and 22 March in London area;
- 16 and 17 May possibly in the scenically beautiful Lake District area of N W Cumbria;
- 8 and 9 August in London area;
- 17 and 18 October in London area.
Mentor training – Empowering the present and future generations of Naturopaths:
The course will be run by supervisors Olivia Munnelly and Norman Ball, both experienced naturopaths and qualified mentors. The object of the mentor training course is to provide effective supervision and help enhance the capacity and quality of thinking about issues that participant’s perceive to be important. The format of the group will be discussion and experiential exploration, both from questions and issues brought in by group members and those of the supervisors.
Key Words: encouragement, guidance, issues, service, support and understanding
Mentor training benefits – This Inspirational Course offers to help you become a mentor:
- Learn practical methods of how to explore and resolve issues and influence their outcomes,
- Through case presentations gain clarity and understanding of how to engage with the unique dynamics and qualities of the practitioner/patient relationship.
- Being able to mentor others: discuss their ambitions and goals, their thoughts and concerns, how to provide support, guidance and encouragement on a regular basis
- Help practitioners manage a clinic more efficiently and provide a better service to patients
- Help practitioners raise the profile of their clinic and that of the naturopathic profession
Please note these dates in your diary NOW, and complete the application form at the bottom of this page as soon as is convenient, and send to email@example.com, and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited to a maximum of 12 applicants, and you must commit to attending all four weekends.
Fees payable by BNA member applicants signing up with a minimum of eight (8), participants:
Group 1: BNA recent graduate members (2013 and 2014): £249 per course, and (1 x £99 and 6 x £25 payments).
Group 2: BNA members, full or associate: £453 per course, (can be made in 1 x £153 and 6 x £50 payments).
Note: all group participants will receive a refund of £50 when completing the course satisfactorily on all four weekends (with full attendance records). This refund is subject to scrutiny by the BNA/GCRN.
‘Inspiration membership’ – covers all grades of registered naturopaths and practitioners of CAM discipline. See separate list of fees payable for non BNA members. It includes One to One mentoring (4 sessions) during the training course plus membership, for non-members, as ‘Friends of Naturopathy’. This includes reduced fees to BNA/GCRN Naturopath’s CPD workshops and study day events.
Mentoring – a brief guide to the content of the full Mentor Training Course:
Weekend 1: 21-22 March 2015:
- Listening skills
- Feedback, giving and receiving
- Supervision/Mentoring – What is it all about? The benefits
Weekend 2: 16-17 May 2015
- Starting a Supervision/Mentoring course
- Group facilitation skills
- Boundaries and contracts
Weekend 3: 8-9 August 2015
- Burnout, excessive stress, blockages to recovery, Stepping back
- Managing time
- Transference and Countertransference
- Karpman’s drama triangle
Weekend 4: 17-18 October 2015
- What next?
- Marketing of mentoring services
- Ethical issues, confidentiality and diversity
- Types of Supervision/Mentoring
- Starting a supervision group
BNA Mentor Training Application Form (206 downloads) (= number of times downloaded)